Good Value Eco-commitment
10 ways to a better environment and greater sustainability
We are committed to minimising the impact our activities have on the environment and creating a sustainable future. Here's how:
- To identify the environmental impacts of existing and new activities. To lessen the impacts of our activities wherever we are able to.
- To establish an Environment Management System and develop supporting processes towards achieving best practice.
- To develop environmental objectives with our Management Team in order to continuously improve performance.
- To identify and comply with current and relevant environmental legislation.
- To minimise consumption of energy and other natural resources whilst maximising the efficiency of their use.
- To minimise and where appropriate prevent pollution.
- To minimise production of waste, whilst promoting recycling and use of products containing recycled and recyclable materials.
- To provide our customers with reliable access to information to enable them make well informed choices on environmental grounds.
- To work in partnership with suppliers to provide goods and services with the minimum adverse environmental impact. To encourage the adoption of Environmental Management Systems and where commercial considerations allow, giving preference to such suppliers.
- To recognise that every team member can make a difference and a contribution towards improving our environmental performance. To develop their environmental awareness/skills to enable them to minimise any adverse impacts of our activities
- We recycle waste wherever possible through an authorised agent.
- We separate and consign waste cardboard and office paper for recycling
- We recycle toner cartridges and inkjets
- We remove packaging from customers’ premises following delivery and installation of furniture
- We offer and sell a comprehensive range of environmental products including recycled paper to customers who request this type of product
- We require our paper suppliers to source raw material from renewable timber sources
- We require all suppliers to supply on request full technical information regarding their products
- We do not store or distribute harmful or toxic products
- We do not burn waste
- We do not discharge into water
- We are committed to continually improve our environmental performance and not to cause pollution of air, land or water